Read our FREE Get Ready Checklist for School Catering Post-Lockdown
As Primary Schools throughout the country have opened their doors once more, school kitchens are looking at a short-term future very different to what they left behind. Catering to children’s nutritional needs whilst also adhering to government guidance is a tricky balance to strike.
To help with the initial steps of getting you back into the kitchen, we’ve produced a handy ‘Get Ready Checklist’, listing all the necessary steps to ensure your kitchen is well-prepared for the ‘New Normal’.
Here are just some of the essential things to consider upon your return;
– Ensure Adequate stocks of Disposable items i.e. Plates, Cups
– Consider appropriate signage to reiterate the importance of social distancing & wearing of PPE, for staff and young people
– Regular sanitising of tables & chairs
– Ensure sufficient stock of hand gels, sanitiser and PPE
– No staff other than Catering should be allowed into the kitchen area at any time
Source: LACA (Lead Association for Caterers in Education)
Want to learn more? Click on the link below to Download the Get Ready Checklist, and gain more useful advice and tips.
Here at Dunsters Farm, we’re with you every step of the way. We’ll continually be offering useful advice, hints and tips to keep your students and staff safe. We’ll also be offering specific catering lines, safety products and more to help you get back to what you do best. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and keep updated in these ever-changing times.
Some further Covid-19 Catering Resources