In Need of a Chocolate Fix?
We have just the recipe for you. With it being World Chocolate Day, it only feels right to being making the most of it with this super easy Chocolate Brownie recipe. Fresh warm brownies in a matter of 35 minutes!
200g unsalted butter (Code: MUSB)
200g dark chocolate drops (Code: DROCDP)
175g brown sugar (Code: 1999)
3 eggs , lightly beaten (Code: FREGG6)
1 tsp vanilla extract
75g plain flour (Code: 1503)
30g cocoa powder (Code: MCCP)
Pinch of salt (Code: LS3)
180g dark chocolate bar (optional) (Code: DROCBP)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Spray a 20cm square tin with oil and line with baking/parchment paper with overhang.
- Place butter and chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl, microwave in 30 second bursts until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Add sugar and vanilla, mix, then add eggs and mix well until smooth and molten.
- Add flour, cocoa and salt and stir until smooth. Stir in chopped chocolate, pour into pan.
- Bake24 minutes for a gooey in the centre, leave for longer if you are wanting a less gooey centre.
- If you didn’t use the extra chocolate for stirring in, reduce cooking time by 2 minutes.
- Rest for 10 minutes before lifting out of the pan. Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting. Store in an airtight container for 4 days if they can make it to 4 days!
Top Tips of the Trade:
Lining pan – Have overhang so you can lift the brownies out of the tin.
How to tell when brownies are done
Stick a toothpick in the centre of the brownie, hold it for 2 seconds, then take it out.
- super gooey – if there is a lot of smear on it (24 minutes bake time)
- moist and fudgy (our favourite) – if the toothpick gets a brown strain and has some smear on it (28 minutes)
- cake feel to it (but still fudgy mouthfeel) – toothpick is clean with just a few crumbs (32 minutes).