Use up leftover cream cheese & try this amazing Blueberry Cake – cheap to make at scale, super easy & a real winner for after dinner!
- 175g golden caster sugar (Dunsters Product Code: 2992)
- 250g self-raising flour (1504)
- 2 large eggs (FREGG6)
- 2 tsp vanilla extra (PVE500)
- 250g blueberries (BLUEBERRIES)
- 100g butter, softened (MUSB)
- 100g icing sugar , sieved (2998)
- 200g full fat cream cheese (FF)
1, Grease a cake tin then line with a greaseproof paper and preheat the oven to 180C/160C (fan assisted)
2. Beat the butter, sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla extract in a large bowl until you have a very thick, pale & creamy mixture.
3. Spread a quarter of the mixture into the tin, then scatter over a third of the blueberries, carefully layer another quarter of the cake mix on top, and scatter once again with a third of the fruit.
4. Once again spread another quarter of the cake mix on the top, scatter again with a third of the blueberries, and repeat this step.
5. Dot the rest of the cake mix over the top and gently spread with the back of a spoon.
6. Bake for 1 hour until an inserted skewer comes out clean, then leave to cool.
7. Beat the softened butter to a even, soft consistency and add the icing sugar. Cream together until you have a smooth, soft buttercream consistency.
8. Slowly add in the cream cheese with a wooden spoon, and work it into the mixture without beating. The mix should be firm and sit on the cake without running off, you can simply add to the fridge if it’s too runny.
9. Complete with a smattering of the leftover blueberries on the top of the cake.