Kickstart your lockdown fitness with a delicious vegetarian recipe that wedges in all your five-a-day veggies!
2 x Red Onions
2 x Cloves of Garlic
1 x Tin of Chopped Tomatoe
1 x Aubergine
2 x Peppers (any Colours)
2 x Courgettes
250g Pasta (we used Penne)
1. Dice up all your vegetables into chunky cubes
2. Fry red onions and garlic with a tbsp. of olive oil in a large pan, cook for 5 mins until onions are soft.
3. Add the chopped aubergine, courgettes and peppers, along with a tin of chopped tomatoes and 400 ml of vegetable stock.
4. Add 3-4 tsp of balsamic vinegar, thyme and basil then cook for 30 mins until vegetables are soft and you have a rich sauce.
5. Whilst your ratatouille mix is cooking, cook your chosen pasta according to pack instructions.
6. Once cooked, season with salt, pepper and stir in the drained pasta.
7. Crumble a handful of goat’s cheese over the top of your pasta, serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a crusty baguette!
Wholesale customers – Speak to our Sales Team about our new Fruit & Veg lines (and special September deals!) – 0161 763 7900