In the fast-paced world of catering, our ‘Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil’ is your go-to crowd-pleaser. Serving a crowd of hundreds? No problem! This adaptable recipe will ensure smiles all around. Let’s get cooking!”
10 pounds (about 4.5 kg) of penne pasta (code PAS357)
2.5 cups sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and roughly chopped (code CSSDT)
2 cups extra virgin olive oil (code CSEVO5)
2 cups chef’s selections pomace olive oil (code CSPO)
1 cup minced garlic (code GARLIC)
2 tablespoons red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
Fresh basil leaves for garnish, optional. (code FBA)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta, then drain and set aside.
- Prepare the sun dried tomatoes. Drain them from their oil and roughly chop them. Reserve for garnish if required.
- Sauté the Aromatics. Heat both the extra virgin and pomace olive oils over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet(s). Sauté for 1-2 minutes until the garlic becomes fragrant and just starts to turn golden. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Combine the ingredients, add the chopped sun-dried tomatoes to the skillets and sauté for another 1-2 minutes to heat them through.
- Combine the cooked pasta with the sun-dried tomato mixture, making sure to distribute the flavor evenly. If it seems a bit dry, you can drizzle a little more extra virgin olive oil for extra flavor.
- Season and serve. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Garnish and serve