Soft tacos filled with sliced battered chicken fillets, chopped, rindless back bacon, avocado cream, babygem lettuce, Parmesan, cherry tomatoes, red onion, a drizzle of creamy Caesar dressing and croutons. Using ready-made Caesar dressing makes for a speedier process.
For the meat
4 Chefs’ Selections American battered chicken fillets
2 Chefs’ Selections rashers unsmoked rindless back bacon
For the croutons
1 slice Chefs’ Selections extra thick sandwich white bread cut into small cubes
1 tsp Chefs’ Selections garlic powder
1 tsp Chefs’ Selections dried mixed herbs
Pinch Chefs’ Selections cracked black pepper
Pinch Chefs’ Selections salt
1 tbsp olive oil
For the avo cream
1 ripe avocado cut into chunks
2 heaped tbsp sour cream
1 tsp Chefs’ Selections garlic puree
2 tsp lime juice
1/3 tsp Chefs’ Selections cracked black pepper
1/3 tsp Chefs’ Selections salt
For the Caesar salad
1 babygem lettuce finely sliced
7 cherry tomatoes halved
1/3 red onion finely sliced
2 tbsp Chefs’ Selections Caesar dressing
4 soft white medium tortillas
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cook your Chefs Selections chicken and bacon as per the package instructions.
- For the croutons, place the bread cubes in a bowl with all other ingredients and mix so all evenly coated. Place on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes until crispy. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, onto your avo cream. Place all ingredients in a food processor/blender/or use a stick blender and blitz until smooth. Set aside in the fridge until ready to serve.
- For the Caesar salad, mix all ingredients in a medium bowl and season with a pinch of pepper. Cut your chicken into slices and roughly chop/break your bacon into small chunks.
- To assemble, spread each tortilla with avo cream, top each with Caesar salad, followed by sliced chicken, a sprinkle of bacon, Parmesan and croutons. Serve in a taco tray.