Dunsters Farm are looking to recruit a Stock Controller to manage the accuracy of our stock records and ensure we are minimising waste.
What will you be doing?
As our Stock Controller, you will be responsible for:
- Stock Management: Maintain accurate stock records and perform daily stock counts to ensure inventory levels align with demand.
- Quality Control: Monitor product quality by conducting regular inspections, checking expiry dates, and managing product recalls when necessary.
- Stock Rotation: Ensure FIFO (First-In, First-Out) method is adhered to in order to minimise waste and ensure older stock is used first.
- Supplier Communication: Coordinate with buying team for order adjustments, returns, and to resolve any discrepancies in product quality or quantity with suppliers.
- Reporting: Generate and present regular reports on stock levels, trends, and potential issues to management.
- Forecasting: Assist in the development of stock forecasts based on historical data and current market trends.
For full list of responsibilities please click HERE
When will I work?
Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
What will I get paid?
£25,000 – £30,000 per annum (dependent on experience).
What kind of person are we looking for?
For us, it’s all about the right fit for our business. We are a small but driven team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about reducing food waste and maintaining exceptional service for our customers.
So, if you are looking for an exciting new challenge in a growing business, we’d love to have a chat.
What skills and experience do we expect?
- A degree or a minimum of 3-years’ experience in stock management, logistics, or a related field is preferred. Relevant certifications in stock management can be a plus.
- Proven experience as a Stock Controller or similar role. Food industry is experience is helpful but not essential.
- Excellent knowledge of stock management software, experiencing working with ERP and WMS systems. Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining product quality.
- Knowledge of food safety regulations and compliance standards.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A proactive and problem-solving mindset.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience or knowledge of Health and Safety, Food Safety and HACCP procedures and experience with stock control and goods in within a Foodservice, FMCG or other temperature-controlled food warehouse environment.
- Experience managing people in all aspects of the employee lifecycle, coaching and mentoring and team building skills.
- Experience managing budgets effectively, including cost management.
- Organised and planned approach to work and the ability to ensure that the team achieve set targets.