We are looking for a new Van Driver/Loader to join our growing team. They will be responsible for the loading of customers’ orders using the counterbalance truck, shunting vehicles in the yard and pre-chilling the vehicles by plugging them in to the electric supply.
What will you be doing?
As one of we are a growing business we are always looking to expand our loading team. As one of our Van Drivers/Loader you will have various responsibilities:
- Loading customer orders once checked checked they are labelled and wrapped correctly.
- Reporting any damages of stock or vehicles immediately.
- Wrapping orders using either the wrapping machine or hand wrap if needed after picking.
- Cleaning and maintenance of the depot (including yard) if required.
- Ensuring routes are loaded in the correct order and ensuring the load is stable.
- Ensuring chilled vehicles are running at the correct temp.
- Completing load sheets to be signed off by the night manager.
- Support with unloading early deliveries including fresh meat, fruit and veg and fillers and ensuring all additional lines are loaded by 6am.
- Any other tasks considered essential by Management.
When will I work?
Sunday – Thursday, 10pm – 6am with a 30-minute unpaid break.
What will I get paid?
£21,255 per annum (due to be increased in line with the real living wage increase)
What Skills and Experience is required for this role?
No formal qualification is required for this role as on the job training will be provided. However, the following skills and experience would be beneficial:
- Full UK Driving License (required)
- Van Driving Experience (required)
- Product knowledge (desirable)
- Forklift truck experience essential
- Manual handling experience (desirable)
- Awareness of stock control processes (desirable)
- Adhering to Health and Safety requirements
- Ensuring cleanliness of the depot